Saturday, April 25, 2009

And now for something completely different...

This is my first Artist Trading Card (ATC). I was feeling just a tiny bit stressed out about the big craft fair weekend that I will be having next weekend (May 2nd & 3rd). Frankly I was overwhelmed. I had about 15 pieces that needed to be finished, as well as a a bunch that needed to be priced and carded. I had so much to do, I actually made a list. (Those of you who know me, know how I feel about lists.)

Well...I craft to relieve stress (which is why I have so much to sell, hehe), but the thought of making more jewelry made me a little more stressed (gasp). So I was trying to clean up my paper area, when I picked up my bag o' images and (many from the ARTchix Studio) and an ATC kit fell out onto my lap. I had purchased it some time ago for inspiration in my bottlecap and domino designs but most of the images where too big. (In the past I would have given the stuff I can't use to my daughter, but she doesn't live that close any more.)

So anyway...I thought I would try out the ATC kit. It had a bathing beauties theme. This is what I came up with. I don't know if the scan really does her justice, but you get the idea. I had a hard time keeping the glitter to a minimum. I painted a little bit of glitter on the star fish and let the rest of the sparkle come from the blue shell border on the bottom.

Just to let you know, I figured out how to turn her into jewelry anyway. I scanned her so that I can change her scale and print her out and put her between glass and turn her into a soldered pendant. But this way, I can keep my original ATC as inspiration. By the way, I have begun a second collage, called a twinchie (2" square), that actually has a jewelry theme. I'll let you know how it turns out.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin