By now, many of you have heard of Etsy, but have you heard of ArtFire? Etsy and ArtFire are both websites where artisans can sell there handmade goodies via the interwebs without having a website of their own. This is great, as many artisans can only do this sort of thing part time, what with the day jobs and all. (It is a rare and lucky individual who can do what they love for a living, and they still have to work at it 24/7.)
I have chosen to be on ArtFire and here’s why:
1. Membership for sellers-There are two membership levels for sellers, Basic and Verified. Basic is free, Verified costs a nominal amount ($12 a month, I think). I am Basic. The nice thing about this is I can be come Verified easily, and if I don’t like it, I can go back to be Basic just as easily.
2. You, the buyer (I hope), DO NOT HAVE TO REGISTER WITH ARTFIRE, you can just shop and buy stuff without having to give them (ArtFire) all of your personal information forever. (You do need to give some info, otherwise how can we send you your stuff?)
3. You can shop from my blog. See that thing over there called Rapid Cart? If you see something you like, you can buy it right now. (Again, without registering with ArtFire…)
4. Back to the fee thing…because there are no listing/final/etc fees on ArtFire, I can charge the exact same prices I would charge if I was selling you stuff at a craft fair. I don’t have to raise my prices to meet the fees.
So, have you checked out ArtFire yet? Well get going…here’s a link to make it easier. http://www.artfire.com/
Oh, and if you want to get to my shop directly… julisjewels.artfire.com …hope to see you there soon!
Juli Geldmacher Nocita
- Juli grew up a shy, middle child and is a woman of few words whose jewelry speaks volumes about herself, her feelings and her perspective on the world. A modern alchemist of design, she melds industrial imagery and organic aesthetics together to create new and unique designs. Juli's love for asymmetrical design was immediately made apparent in her very first bead craft: a pair of mismatched earrings created when she was sixteen. She developed her eclectic style by reading about and experimenting with every style and technique she could get her hands on, from stitched bead jewelry to riveted metals and from wire wrapping to precious metal clays. No matter what Juli creates, her sense of humor & fun, love of the craft and sense of style come through. Juli would probably blog more often if her rather large tabby cat, Rocky, didn't insinuate himself between her hands and the keyboard. However, she does regularly update her facebook fan page for Juli's Jewels. Juli is always paying-it-forward, not only on a personal level, but through her company with "just because" giveaways. Juli's Jewels ArtFire artisan shop is jam packed with earrings, pendants, necklaces, anklets and more that are ready to ship and she loves to make custom orders for people too!