Thursday, November 14, 2013

Do you think stores should be open on Thanksgiving?

This is a question that was posed to me the other day by my friend, Monica. She was talking about grocery stores, but in this I heard the Big Question; Do you think retail stores should be open on Thanksgiving?

Lately, there has been a lot of talk about big retailers opening on Thanksgiving Day and starting their Black Friday business early. To this I say a loud and resounding NO! No, I don't think Black Friday should start on Thanksgiving Day. Stay home. Watch a T.V. show marathon (I think I saw something like 83 different Series marathons will be aired) or some football; play with your kids; have more mashed potatoes; relax.

Thanksgiving is the weirdest holiday we have; it's on a Thursday and not everyone gets the following day off. It's a little island of a holiday; we should enjoy the time it gives us to overeat and watch T.V. but more importantly, it gives us a day that we spend with our family and/or friends and are thankful for all the awesome we have in our lives.

Do your shopping on Friday if you must, but skip Thursday and let all the shop workers be thankful for their day too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin